Sunday, June 12, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Animated TV Shows

Well, I have decided to put together another top 10 list. I was sitting on the couch this morning watching cartoons and had a moment of nostalgia. This gave me a great idea for a blog entry so this time I will be ranking my all time top 10 favorite animated TV shows.

I will start off with a section of 5 shows as honourable mentions. All of these 5 shows I loved watching as a kid and I felt that I couldn't leave them off the list entirely.
Kim Possible
SpongeBob SquarePants
Phineas and Ferb

The Powerpuff Girls
The Magic School Bus
Now to get onto the top 10:



#10: South Park
This is just simply a ridiculous and funny show. The writers are not afraid to cross any boundaries. They have made fun of almost every religion, a ton of celebrities, all sexual orientations and a lot of racial stereotypes. If you get offended easily this show is not for you. However, if you like yourself some rude and crude humour I'm sure you'll love South Park.



#9: Hey Arnold!

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I am sad that kids of the next generation will not get to watch it on TV after school the way I did. It was very relatable in the way Arnold helped his friends solve their problems which are common to all kids. Your football head suited you just fine Arnold.



#8: Dexter's Laboratory
Another of my childhood favorites. One episode I vividly recall was when Dexter got caught up in one of his experiments and made it so he was only able to speak french. He was cooking a cheese omelette and kept screaming "omelette du fromage!". I thought it was so cool to know something in french and went on myself to scream this through the house for at least a week. Sorry family!



#7: Recess

This was a very fun loving show. It showed how kids from all different social groups could put their differences aside and have fun together. The show also incorporated concepts such as hierarchy and government into the children's play groups. All in all a very good watch.



#6: The Simpsons
This is an classic that never gets old. It is amazing that after all these years that the writers still have new ideas for episodes. I've been watching this show as long as I can remember and it will go down as one of the all time greatest.



#5: Death Note
This is a show that some of you might not be so familiar with. It was originally a Japanese Anime that was translated into English. It is a very dark show that never ceases to capture your interest with either tricks and surprises or just the awesome story line. To sum up the main idea, Death Note is about an incredibly smart high school student who one day discovers a book (the Death Note) that has the ability to kill anyone just by writing their name in it. Each book is guarded by a Shinigami (Death God) who is essentially immortal. The Shinigami can extend it's life by taking the remaining years of a person whose name gets written in the Death Note. There are many many rules on how one can use the Death Note but I'll leave those up to you to discover. I do not normally watch Anime but if I was to recommend just one this would be it. I am actually just starting to re watch it currently.



#4: Rugrats
I'm sure you all know this one either from watching it yourselves or from one of your younger relatives watching it at one point. Very fun show, the kids get into a bunch of wild adventures and have crazy imaginations. I used to get my parents to tape every episode of it and I'm sure we probably still have a box of VHS tapes of this show.


#3: 6teen
This is a show I continue to watch today. It is about a group of teenagers who work and hang out in a mall. They go through all the issues normal teenagers do. Be it dating, getting prepared for college and of course finding and losing their part time and summer jobs. It is a very funny comedy and the holiday special shows would have to be my favorite.



#2: Pokemon
Okay, so maybe the actual Anime wasn't always the greatest but for at least the last 12 or so years of my life Pokemon has been involved in it in some way. Either by collecting and trading the trading cards when I was a kid, watching the show or by playing the games on Gameboy and Nintendo 64. I cannot believe the concept of catching and training these creatures can be so fun and addicting.





#1: Arthur
If you have been paying attention to my blog titles you may have guessed this would be my top pick from the title of my first blog post. This show was the staple of my childhood. I watched it everyday before and after going to school. If you asked me to I could probably recite almost every episode word for word and I am not ashamed to admit that I still watch it to this day at 21 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment